Gems are undoubtedly the most important resource in any Supercell’s game. But unlike other games where you can earn these gems, the only way to get these in Brawl Stars are by paying with real money or using gift cards (luckily for us, BSU is offering gift cards for peoplewriting articles).
In this guide, I am going to show you how to properly spend those precious Gems.
Without any further ado, let’s get right into it.
Supercell offers you a better Gem to Dollar ratio when you spend more money on the game. Let’s examine the exchange rate for all of them.
- Fistful Pack: This pack offer you 30 gems for 2 dollars. So, one dollar has the value of 15 gems.
- Pouch Pack: This pack offers you 80 gems for 5 dollars. So, one dollar has the value of 16 gems.
- Satchel Pack: This pack offers you 170 gems for 10 dollar. So, one dollar has the value of 17 gems.
- Bucket Pack: This pack offers you 350 gems for 20 dollars. So, one dollar has the value of 17.5 gems. Getting stingy here, aren’t we?
- Crate Pack: This pack offers you 900 gems for 50 dollars. So, one dollar has the value of 18 gems.
- Haul Pack: This pack offers you 1850 gems for 100 dollars. So, one dollar has the value of 18.5 gems.
How can I spend my Gems?
Note that each of these measurements are done with comparison to the $100 pack.
There are currently only four ways you can spend your gems. They are:
- Opening Brawl Boxes.
- Buying the 7 day Coin boost which increases the Coins you earn by 50%. Example: If you get 10 Coins from a match, it will become 15 coins.
- Buying the coin doubler which does what it says. It doubles your coins. •0•
- Buying Skins for your Brawlers. I will skip this one xD
Opening Brawl Boxes
1 Brawl Box costs 10 gems. With 1,850 gems, you could open 185 Brawl Boxes.
I cannot provide you with specific drop rate but with the estimate provided by this article, we can say that you will certainly unlock all rare Brawlers and most likely get 1 or 2 Epic Brawlers. If you are extremely lucky you may get a Legendary Brawler!
You may also get tons of Elixir and Chips. Maybe.
7 Day Coin Boost
The 7 day boost costs 20 gems. By purchasing this, any game you play within 7 days will award you 50% more coins.
Let’s say you get a total of 1000 coins from brawling during the week. The 50% boost applying on each match will award you an extra 500 coins. So your total is 1500 coins.
The coin doubler costs 50 gems. The coin doubler doubles the next 1000 coins that you receive. This is a pretty good deal as you are making 2X the normal amount of coins which makes buying brawl boxes a lot faster.
This boost works pretty well with the last booster.
Suppose, you win 10 coins from a match. The coin boost activates and gives you 15 coins instead. Then the coin doubler kicks in and doubles the coins. This leaves you with 30 coins.
Without the boosts, you have 10 coins but with the boost combination you have 30 coins. That’s a huge difference. And the boost combo only costs 70 gems. Also, the combo can last pretty long.
This is what you could earn after a Showdown battle with the boosters
What is the best way to spend my gems?
Without a doubt, the best way that you could spend your gems is to buy the boost combo. It costs 70 gems but it lasts for a pretty long time and makes a huge difference while grinding for coins.
With 1,850 Gems, you can activate this combo 26 times. Let’s say, you tire out the combo every week. Meaning you buys the combo once at the start of every week. This means you can activate the combo for 26 weeks which is roughly 6 and a half months.
This combo is absolutely amazing and will certainly prove to be worth your money.
Now, go on and bring a metric ton of coins and max out all of your Brawlers!
It is currently impossible to get Gems by being a F2P player. You could spend your real money or you could use gift cards which Brawl Stars Up generally offers in exchange of your articles.
I sincerely hope that Supercell changes this soon enough and gives F2P players a chance at getting Gems like they do in their other games.
Please correct me if you find anything wrong in the article. With all of that being said I would like to end this article right now.