In this guide, I’ll be discussing the best way to unlock new brawlers, upgrade brawlers, and buy form the shop in the quickest and most efficient way possible.
Basic Items in Brawl Stars
Tokens are what is used to gain brawl boxes. You can get tokens from playing games, leveling up brawlers, as rewards from the trophy road, for the first time you play an event, and possibly as a free reward form the shop. You need 100 tokens to get a brawl box, and 10 to get a Big Box.
Gold is used to upgrade your brawler’s and buy power points from the shop. Obtained easily at the beginning but becomes precious fast. You get gold through the shop and through boxes.
Gems are the premium currency for brawl stars. They are used in the shop to buy everything else in the game. They can only be bought with real money.
Tickets are used to enter weekend events. They are incredibly useful once you get to a higher level, as they can be sued to amass large amounts of tokens. They are relatively easy to obtain from boxes and the shop.
There are three main types of boxes in Brawl Stars. Regular Boxes are obtained after getting 100 tokens, Big Boxes are obtained after getting 10 Star Tokens, and Mega Boxes can be obtained from the shop or as a trophy road reward. A crucial thing to realize about boxes is that one Mega Box has the exact same rewards as 10 regular boxes, but the rewards are more clumped together.
Being Efficient and Progressing Faster
Although it’s hard to go wrong, here’s some crucial tips to progress in Brawl Stars faster:
- Even when you have reached the cap for the number of tokens for the day, you can still earn more from ticketed events and leveling up. A great way to gain tokens is to sort your Brawlers by closest to next level and play games with those.
- Don’t forget to log in everyday to at least collect your free reward in the shop and 40 tokens form fresh events.
- Although Big Boxes seem incredible at the beginning of the game, they quickly lose their appeal later.
- Although it seems hard to believe since they are so plentiful at the beginning of the game, Coins quickly become what prevents you from maxing out. Do not spend Coins on power points, as they are not a good deal. You get enough points from boxes and eventually you will have much more brawlers to upgrade that you have coins for.
- Tickets are the best way to amass large amounts of boxes. When you first unlock ticketed events, only do what is necessary to get the star token, then save your tickets when your brawlers are better and when Robo Rumble is active.
- Robo Rumble is the best way to spend your tickets. This is because it is possible to get consistent rewards. The best way to do this is to find friends to play with you, and ensure that you have a good team composition (Jesse, Bull, Frank, Primo, especially Pam, and possibly Rosa).
- When playing Robo Rumble, the amount of rewards you get increases linearly. Although betting 20 tickets is the fastest way, randoms can ruin your max bet.
- Once you get your brawlers upgraded, you should aim for a time of 6:15. At 6:15 you cannot get anymore tickets, and you get 32 per ticket. 20 tickets x 32tokens= 6.4 boxes.
Like all Supercell games, Brawl Stars follows a freemium style.
The difference is that the deals in the shop are relatively better than their other games, so spending Gems in Brawl Stars, is a quick method to level up.
An interesting thing about purchases in mobile games: only 5% of players make in-app transactions.
- If you are going to spend money on this game, be patient. There are frequent special offers that offer 2x or 3x value. Special offers are offered at level 5, 15, 25, and 35, and for special promotions.
- Almost all special offers come with gems. Right after making a purchase, many are tempted to go straight for the boxes. Instead, wait for discounts to come out for token doublers or Tickets.
For these, we need to establish a couple of conversions.
1 gem = 1cent, 100 gems = 10 dollars. Yes, you can get a better deal the more you spend, but this makes it easier.
10 Regular Boxes= 1 Mega Box
1 ticket = 30 Gems (Should be the conversion if playing Robo Rumble at a high level)
1000 token doubler = 1 Mega Box
Now, we can calculate the value of certain items in the shop. As a general rule, the best value is discounted Token Doublers or Tickets.
- Regular Ticket Offers
- 6 tickets, 10 gems= 1.8 Boxes, 5.5 Gems per box
- 20 tickets, 30 gems= 6 Boxes, 5 Gems per box
- 60 tickets, 80 gems = 18 Boxes, 4 Gems Per Box
- Token Doubler
- 1000 tokens extra= 10 boxes, 5 Gems per box
- Regular Boxes
- Big Box: 10 Gems per Box
- Mega Box: 8 Gems Per Box
With this said. It is best to buy tickets, but only if you can get close to max reward on Robo Rumble. Make sure to look out for discount on tickets and doubler as they provide the best value.
Spending carefully will drastically help you progress faster in Brawl Stars.
Make sure to look out for discounts and avoid buying boxes. Also, avoid anything promising free gems.
Please leave questions or comments below.